“A thought can refer to the ideas or arrangements of ideas that result from thinking, the act of producing thoughts, or the process of producing thoughts. Thinking allows humans to make sense of, interpret, represent or model the world they experience."
Often the thoughts in our mind affect the situations around us, how we react and interact with others, and our approach and outlook towards our personal and professional lives. We all experience triggers that cause us to react in a certain way.
Are these triggers creating thoughts which are negative? Positive? Stressful? Uplifting?
It is important to come to an understanding about ourselves; the causes and their correlating actions that follow….. be it good or bad. This process can create an internal dialogue, otherwise known as thoughts. By understanding your thoughts you can ensure to minimize stress and maximize on happiness in all areas of your life.
Here are 12 positive thoughts to help you deal with the chaotic times we live in, hopefully, just one of these has impact on you or someone you love. We all need to stop and reflect on what is important.
- Stay in the present moment; the past is depression and the future is anxiety
- Always be active. Living a life of movement and activity keeps the mind and body ready for everything that comes your way.
- Your body is a temple. Be sensitive to what you are consuming, everything in moderation.
- Surround yourself with a team of positive influencers. We all need each other. Choose your advisors carefully and adhere to them.
- Healthy relationships over quantity of friendships are a good place to be. You may be rewarded with one special someone rather than 100 acquaintances.
- You must rest. Plan your day so that you achieve a minimum of 7 hours sleep.
- It is easy to find negativism. When you see it shut it out and turn it off.
- Be a giver. An act of being a servant big or small is the place of true prosperity.
- Follow your passion and the rest will come. Have fun.
- The word “NO” is not a bad word. Learn how to manage your own boundaries.
- Take time to enjoy the natural beauty around you. The old saying of stop and smell the roses is very true.
- You are greater than you know, stop along the way for plenty of self-reflection.
Simple 12 thoughts that are founded on the simple belief of your ability to choose and that you are in control. You cannot control others you can only control the way you react; to others and the thoughts you experience.
“Life is one big road with lots of signs. So when you riding through the ruts, don’t complicate your mind. Flee from hate, mischief and jealousy. Don’t bury your thoughts, put your vision to reality. Wake Up and Live!”
– Bob Marley